Associate/Senior Associate- Communications
Location: New Delhi
Arthan is a social enterprise committed to transforming human capital in the social impact space in India. Arthan works with organisations in the impact sector and supports them across the functions of hiring, building HR policies & processes and organisational development.
Arthan actively engages with stakeholders across the system to identify and address human capital challenges and opportunities to strengthen human capital in the impact sector ecosystem. Arthan has an exclusive employment platform for social impact jobs in India- www.arthancareers.com, supporting both employers and jobseekers.
The Associate/ Senior Associate will be responsible for providing support to the Communications vertical at Arthan. The individual would be responsible for the strategic planning, and preparation of all communication products and will work in tandem with the different teams at Arthan. If you are passionate about communications, like to meet challenges head-on and working in diverse teams, come with a problem-solving attitude towards changing priorities, then this is the place for you.
The Associate/Senior Associate will get the chance to work with a team consisting of a diverse mix of professionals with varied skillsets and competencies relevant to the corporate sector. The team brings substantial experience of working with various national and international organizations. We are a multidisciplinary team with in-depth knowledge and experience in working with strategic projects. We have a successful track record of delivering large and complex engagements and have worked in strategic management, finance and human resources in different capacities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for designing and implementing the communication strategy across all interventions
- Develop reports, case studies, success stories, field stories, videos, photos and other media content which can be put out on the public forum to spread awareness of Arthan’s work;
- Write opinion pieces based on Arthan’s areas of interest for mainline and digital print media to build Arthan’s position as a thought leader
- Maintain social media image by regularly updating Twitter, Facebook and blog accounts with meaningful content, and engaging with relevant stakeholders on these platforms;
- Explore additional relevant social media presence for Arthan
- Maintain and update the Arthan website regularly to ensure that the work is posted regularly for public view
- Design or coordinate communication material as per branding guidelines
- Explore existing platforms, or create platforms, to communicate findings from the program through events (conferences/seminars/workshops, roundtables) best suited to the stakeholders participating
- Organise and lead outreach events including logistical aspects, drafting topics for sessions, inviting speakers, the audience, and other related activities;
- Be responsible for addressing any media queries, and liaising with any media during events.
- Should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline, preferably English (H) or Journalism
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the communications arena is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to express complex technical issues in plain language; as well as translate jargon into plain language
- Experience working on outputs such as case studies, newsletters, reports, flyers, and other communication outputs
- Experience in editing, and basic knowledge of layouts and copyediting.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, and intricacies of audience expectations to tailor posts, and influencer audience management
- Ease and familiarity with the use of online marketing tools
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, and work with multiple teams
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a creative and problem-solving outlook
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, including media
- Outstanding organisation skills, with critical thinking and attention to detail; ability to organise events by pulling together experts, logistical aspects and rich content in short periods of time
- Creative and motivated, with ideas to ensure the widespread reach of Arthan’s communication material